Andy and I have been struggling with what to do with one of our windows. It's really high up so in the evening the sun makes that room so hot. During the winter it also makes the room freezing. Andy being the cheap man that he is has a hard time turning the heat up and also keeping the a/c on during the summer. He always tells me "you know Audrey for every hour the heat/ a/c is on that cost us $2.50" or something like that, so if that is the case our bill each month should be somewhere around 500-600 dollars a month. Which it is never even half that. Anyways Andy has been trying to find the most effective/cheapest way to take care of that problem. We wanted to get plantation shutters up there, but $1000 was just to much. Last summer Andy put up tin foil, which solved the problems, but it deffinatly looked very ghetto. People would always ask us if the window was broken. Nope we just like the look of tin foil up there. About 2 months ago I made Andy take it down because it looked terrible. So with summer coming up we needed a solution. Well we tried putting curtians up there but we couldn't find any long enough, and we didn't want to pay for someone to custom make some. Sooooo Andy custom made some. He took the curtians from the window below it and bought some new matching ones, combined the two, We now have fixed our problem!!! He did a really good job, I am so proud of him. This was his first sewing project too.
That's right ladies, He does all the sewing, because I can't. Isn't he cute
This is the window with the new curtians
You can see the tin foil here
Here is a little close up for yeah
We also moved furniture around, cleaned out closets, and organized. It feels almost like a brand new house.
2 comments:
I love it. Jeremy is the one that showed me how to sew. Our guys are alot of like. To funny. I will have to come see them in person.
I don't have your email address. But girls night out 4/16. call for more detail.
Post a Comment